VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Shipping by Rules for VirtueMart

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Shipping Tax Issue 17 Dec 2013 00:39 #1

• MaritimeLobster
  • MaritimeLobster's Avatar Topic Author
My taxes are set up and working correctly. They are based on state and product. Everything works fine until the customer selects a shipping method and then it taxes everything in the cart (both taxable and non) based on the state/province. The calculation for the tax on shipping is correct; however, now all products are taxed. The taxes are set to tax per bill and apply default in the shipping configuration. Can you please have a look at this
[url=http://www,maritimelobsterexpress.com][/url]

Shipping Tax Issue 21 Dec 2013 00:05 #2

There were some bug fixes in the VirtueMart code that I had to copy (due to the ShippingWithTax feature...). I have now applied all changes from the VM code in the plugin and uploaded a new beta version 3.96.

Can you please try that version and check whether this fixes your issues?

Thanks,
Reinhold

Shipping Tax Issue 21 Dec 2013 05:49 #3

• MaritimeLobster
  • MaritimeLobster's Avatar Topic Author
I installed the beta version as per your suggestion and there are no changes. Same as before. Do I need to go back and reinstall the older version now? How can I see the plug in version that I have installed?

When I apply a tax in the configuration the shipping charges are displayed with tax but all calculations are correct. The problem with this is that I have 4 taxes set up based on location. For this reason I need to be able to choose "apply default rules" in order to get the correct tax for the shipping location. This set up displays the shipping without tax *which I want" but it now taxes everthing in the cart both taxable and non.

I need a solution because currently I am applying one of the taxes that I have set up so thst my taxes on products are correct but taxes on shipping are incorrect in most cases.

You refer to Virtuemarts "Shipping with Tax" feature above. Is this an option that I can change in the Virtemart?

Thanks so much

Lisa

Shipping Tax Issue 12 Jan 2014 00:28 #4

Hmm, I cannot reproduce your problem (or maybe I just don't understand what exactly you are doing). Are you able to reproduce the problem on my demo site: demo.kainhofer.com/
That would help me enourmosly in trying to reproduce/understand your problem.

Do I understand you correctly that when you select "apply default rules" in the shipping method, then suddenly the products get taxed, even though the products are set up to have no tax? Does this also happen if you use a shipping method by the default "Shipping by weight and countries" method that is bundled with Virtuemart? My plugin does exactly the same as that part of Virtuemart, so if that does not work, it might be a VM bug...
  • Page: