VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Shipping by Rules for VirtueMart

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Calculate shipping price twice to unique product 23 Feb 2014 11:57 #1

• dimitrakopoulos
  • dimitrakopoulos's Avatar Topic Author
Hello , i am using Joomla 2.5.18 and VM 2.0.26d and the advanced shipping by rules plugin.
I want to calculate twice and so on the shipping methods.

For example:
My standard shipping cost is 10 euros. If someone add to cart 1 product the shipping cost will be 10 euros.
But if someone add to cart 2 products i want the shipping cost to add twice -> 20 euros and so on for 3 products 30 euros .....
I want to make the same if someone add to cart 1 product but in quantity select 5 units of product the price be 50 euros.

1product->10 euros
2product->20 euros
3product->30 euros
4product->40 euros
5product->50 euros

I don't want a discount but an add on shippment cost.

Is it possible?
Who can i write the syntax rules with your plugin?

Calculate shipping price twice to unique product 24 Feb 2014 13:25 #2

If you want to have shipping costs of 10 € for each article (i.e. there is absolutely no difference depending on the product or the product's categories or weights), then you can use the Articles variable in the advanced version (since a multiplication is not available in the free plugin):
Name="10€ shipping per article"; Shipping=10*Articles

BTW, you can try the plugin (both free and paid versions) at demo.kainhofer.com/

Calculate shipping price twice to unique product 24 Feb 2014 15:48 #3

• dimitrakopoulos
  • dimitrakopoulos's Avatar Topic Author
Ok thanks this works.
Let's take another Rule:
I am using the Advanced shipping by rules plugin.

I have 2 categories:
Tables with id 16 and shipping cost 10 euro
Chairs with id 17 and shipping cost 15 euro

If someone add to cart 1 product from table category and one product from chair category i want to calculate the final price of shipping cost to be 10+15=25 euros
I try to write the syntax but not work.
Name="Test"; 16 in Categories OR 17 in Categories; Shipping=(10+15)*Articles;

Can you help me what to write the correct syntax rule?
Thanks

Calculate shipping price twice to unique product 24 Feb 2014 16:12 #4

That is something that is unfortunately currently NOT possible with the plugin. In particular, it is not possible to get the number of articles in a particular category. You can only find out if there are articles of a category in the cart, but now how many....

Sorry,
Reinhold
  • Page: