VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Shipping by Rules for VirtueMart

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Summing shipping costs 04 Jun 2014 09:40 #1

• Ideal24
  • Ideal24's Avatar Topic Author
Hello!

I thus set the cost of shipping according to the weight of the product:

Weight == 0; Shipping = 29 * Articles
Weight == 50; Shipping = 50 * Articles

If a customer buys two products of the same weight no problem.

How to write a formula to buying two products with different weights, the shipping cost was 79?

Summing shipping costs 04 Jun 2014 10:02 #2

Your case cannot easily be solved with yhe pkugin, beause the plugin bases the shipping costs on the values of the whole cart, not on individual products.

If you use a chek Weight==50, this means that the weight of the whole cart is 50, not the weight of an individual article.
Unless you can reformulate your shipping cost structure in terms of whole-cart values, I'm afraid it will be quite hard, if not impossible, to implement it using my plugin.

Sorry, Reinhold

Summing shipping costs 30 Jun 2014 22:09 #3

• nick.smith@darksun.ch
Hi Reinhold,

Would you be planning to add summing functionality to the plugin in the future? Unfortunately I have SKUs that attract special shipping costs, for which I don't have an useable solution. What I would be after is something like the following:
"Remote Areas";UK_Area in  list("IM", "HS", "ZE"); NoShipping
"Between 0-1kg"; Weight < 1; Shipping += 3.48
"Between 1-2kg"; 1 <= Weight < 21; Shipping += 4.32
"Between 2-5kg"; 2 <= Weight < 5; Shipping += 5.57
"Between 5-10kg"; 5 <= Weight < 10; Shipping += 7.23
"Between 10-15kg"; 10 <= Weight < 15; Shipping += 9.32
"Over 15kg";5 < Weight; NoShipping
"Fixed priced shipping"; "29" in SKUs; Shipping += 15.00

So the each rule will be matched in order until either NoShipping or the end of the rules is reached (i've added the += to be a bit clarify a bit what is being calculated). It will be up to the rules designed to ensure that only one rule per parameter is matched.

Regards & many thanks for a great plugin,

Nick

Summing shipping costs 07 Jul 2014 21:32 #4

Dear Nick,
I have no immediate plans to implement such a product-specific shipping plugin (it would be a separate plugin, because per-product and per-cart calculations are orthogonal to each other).

I'll keep it on my list of ideas to implement, but I can't promise when or if I'll provide such a shipping plugin.

Best regards,
Reinhold
  • Page: