VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Shipping by Rules for VirtueMart

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Shipping based on Coupon code 25 Jun 2014 12:02 #1

• timcASH
  • timcASH's Avatar Topic Author
Hi,

I am using the following code to add a discounted shipping but it doesnt seem to be working fine.

Name=shipping with Coupon; Coupon=="BS482NRGSC"; Shipping=5.99

I have also tried to place it first in the order but it makes no difference.

Could you please help?

Thanks.

Shipping based on Coupon code 07 Jul 2014 21:33 #2

Are you sure you are using the advanced version of the plugin (the Coupon variable is NOT available in the free version)?

Best regards,
Reinhold

Shipping based on Coupon code 08 Jul 2014 10:25 #3

• timcASH
  • timcASH's Avatar Topic Author
Well yes, I am using the paid plugin(Order number VM-14-0219) !

Shipping based on Coupon code 14 Jul 2014 23:40 #4

Sorry, I didn't want to imply that you didn't buy it. Rather, it happens regularly that my customers have both the free and the paid plugin installed and then select the wrong one for the shipping method.
So what I meant is to cross-check that the shipping method is really set to the advanced plugin.

If that setting is correct, then I would suggest that you let the plugin print out the current value of the Coupon variable in a test rule at the very beginning of your rules:
Name=Coupon variable has value {Coupon}; NoShipping
While this will cause your method NOT to offer any shipping, it will print the value of the coupon variable so that you can check whether you have any typos etc.
Of course, you should remove that rule immedately afterwards, because otherwise your method will never offer a shipping rate...

Best regards,
Reinhold
Attachments:
  • Page: