VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Shipping by Rules for VirtueMart

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

How to do FREE SHIPPING BUT without COUPON 12 Mar 2015 06:22 #1

• bruce
  • bruce's Avatar Topic Author
HI,

I have two couriers so I have to use a reasonably complex set of postcode conditions (for each Australian State) such as:

Name=VIC & TAS Regional; ZIP==3116 OR ZIP==3138 OR ZIP==3140 OR 3214<=ZIP<=3220 OR 3223<=ZIP<=3230 OR 3223<=ZIP<=3230 OR ZIP==3232 OR ZIP==3250 .. OR 3931<=ZIP<=3944; Weight<3; Shipping=9.94

I am looking at providing FREE shipping to these METRO areas if purchase is over $200, Weight under 10Kg (should be easily achievable) and no coupon is used (as we are are cutting margins to the bone to offer free shipping).

We are running J3.x and VM3.x Does your advanced shipping module I purchased work with all coupons (I am using awo coupon anyway). What is the syntax for Saying no free shipping if they are using a coupon code?

At the moment I am thinking of adding this kind of code AFTER the state code above (as <3kg will never be amount >200):

Name=FREE VIC & TAS - NO COUPON; ZIP==3116 OR ZIP==3138 OR ZIP==3140 ... OR 3931<=ZIP<=3944; Weight<10; Amount>=200; IF NO COUPON; Shipping=0 (IF COUPON, return text "FREE SHIPPING not available with COUPON OFFERS")

Or alternatively would you just make Free shipping invalid for this product and automatically go with another courier quote - thought it best that the text in shipping explains why no free shipping since we have banner adds saying they will get it for over $200 .. to metro ..

Thanks,

Bruce

How to do FREE SHIPPING BUT without COUPON 14 Mar 2015 04:56 #2

• bruce
IS there someway of including a NOT EQUAL coupon ??

Cheers! Bruce

How to do FREE SHIPPING BUT without COUPON 16 Mar 2015 12:23 #3

Dear Bruce,
The plugin by default does not have the awocoupon coupon discounts available (awocoupon handles coupons differently than VM's stock coupon system). There are ways to access the awocoupon coupons, but that needs some custom developments (I have first attempts at accessing awocoupon Discounts, but there is nothing available for public consumption). Those methods require some php programming, though.

Best regards,
Reinhold

How to do FREE SHIPPING BUT without COUPON 18 Mar 2015 07:35 #4

• bruce
Hi Reinhold,

Thank you for the reply but i am not sure how to use this information.

I currently use acymailing (purchased) and had to buy awocoupon as it was the only one that had some flexibility with being able to discount select products rather than the whole range etc.

In the VM3 shopping cart I notice there is a space for COUPONS code (does it matter which app it uses - doesnt your mailing program just need to know that some code is entered in that space and that it has triggered a discount?

All I am trying to do is put in a postage rule that gives FREE SHIPPING if over a given $AUD - BUT ONLY if there are no other discounts given I was looking at using something like a NOT EQUAL Coupon in your postage code so that if a coupon discount is given that your module ignores the FREE SHIPPING line.

I cant afford to give free shipping AND a steep discount that I give on my acymailing newsletter - that is why I am asking the question of how to do the code OR what other logical work around you suggest in the code??

Is there a COUPON==BLANK or some other qualifier that can be added to the free shipping line?

Any ideas?? Thank you Bruce

How to do FREE SHIPPING BUT without COUPON 21 Mar 2015 10:19 #5

• bruce
Anybody, anybody?

My new site is being launched MONDAY and at the moment I cant offer free shipping, because I cant exclude COUPONS from that special.

I am sure that most other shopping carts would allow this flexibility ...

How do other people handle this? Or is there someone who can offer a hack for a fee?

Please let me know .. URGENTLY !

Bruce

How to do FREE SHIPPING BUT without COUPON 22 Mar 2015 13:47 #6

Dear Bruce,
The coupon system that awocoupon uses handles discounts quite differently from the coupon system built into VirtueMart. You are right, both use the same input field (so in the rules you can check whether a coupon code was given, but the exact discounts are not available in the rules), but the coupond discounts are handled completely different.

If all you need to check is whether a coupon was given at all, then you can still check the Coupon variable in your rule:
Name=No coupon; coupon==''; Shipping=123456
This is exactly what you mean with your COUPON==BLANK request.

However, you cannot check for the exact coupon discount or which coupon (as awocoupon stores a lot more than just the coupon code in the Coupon variable).

Best regards,
Reinhold

How to do FREE SHIPPING BUT without COUPON 23 Mar 2015 06:30 #7

• bruce
Hi R,

so to be clear (for us slow kids in the class)

Name=FREE SHIPPING >$200; 200<=Amount; Weight<10; coupon==''; Shipping=0

Should work. As long as no one uses a coupon, and they spend over $200 they get free shipping ?!

I am beta testing my new site and acymailing doesnt seem to be working. Do I need to upgrade acymailing and awocoupon to work with J3.x and VM3.x or is it an issue with testing in the beta directory? ps the mailing program and awo coupon is working fine on my current site j2.5 VM 2.x

Cheers, Bruce

How to do FREE SHIPPING BUT without COUPON 29 Mar 2015 13:55 #8

Dear Bruce,
Yes, that rule says that a user gets free shipping if they spend over $200, do not use a coupon and their order is lighter than 10 (kg?).

I don't understand your issue with acymailing. The shipping plugin has nothing to do with acymailing...
About J3-compatibility, you have to ask the corresponding developers of AcyMailing and AwoCoupon. Their homepages say that their products are compatible to J3 and VM3... I don't know more than that.

Best regards,
Reinhold
  • Page: