VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Shipping by Rules for VirtueMart

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Shipping not showing until registered/logged in 04 Apr 2015 12:10 #1

• lourier
  • lourier's Avatar Topic Author
Hello,

I'm using advanced shipping.

At checkout, if not registered or logged in as an existing customer, I get :

Please select a shipment method
We are sorry, no shipment method matches the characteristics of your order.

If I'm registered/logged in, everything is fine....

Any suggestions as to why this is happening?

VM3.02

Thank you for your time,

SL

Shipping not showing until registered/logged in 11 Apr 2015 14:04 #2

Hello,
Your problem sounds as if you have selected some/all user groups in the first tab of the shipping method configuration. This sometimes causes problems. If you don't want to restrict that shipping method to certain shopper groups, please do not select any shopper group in the shipping method configuration. In that case, the method will apply to all customers, whether logged in or not.

Best regards,
Reinhold

Shipping not showing until registered/logged in 11 Apr 2015 14:28 #3

• lourier
  • lourier's Avatar Topic Author
Thanks but that does seem to be the pb.
I didn't touch the shopper group config. The field says 'Available for all' by default.
Since I hadn't received an answer from you I used a hack and disabled the private function lSelectShipment() in components/com_virtuemart/views/cart/view.html.php (line 210)
So now, until you login/register, it says 'delivery costs are calculated once you register/login'

Any better suggestion?

Regards,

SL

Shipping not showing until registered/logged in 18 Apr 2015 17:21 #4

Dear SL,
In that case, I suppose it must be due to the specifics of your shipping rules. Can you post them here (or send them via private mail to office@open-tools.net)?

Best regards,
Reinhold
  • Page: