VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Shipping by Rules for VirtueMart

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Cost per category or manufacturer 27 Apr 2015 10:56 #1

• barracuda69
  • barracuda69's Avatar Topic Author
Hi Reinhold,

I used your rules found in a previous thread, in an effort to try a complex shipping scenario but as it happens, it produces a blank screen when entering the checkout page.

I enabled development logging and debug but no error is recorded in any of the logs... It's also evident that as it is designed, your plugin won't allow us to calculate shipping cost per product which is essential for the way our site works...

Is there a way you can develop for us a plugin that would calculate the cost per product instead of the cost for the whole order?

Thanks,

Dennis

Cost per category or manufacturer 04 May 2015 18:54 #2

Dear Dennis,
Were you using the evaluate_for_manufacturers or evaluate_for_categories functions in your rules? In earlier versions those contained a bug that caused a PHP error under certain conditions on the cart. Does the white screen also happen with the latest version 5.4 of the plugin?

You are correct, calculating the shipping costs on a per-product basis (i.e. different shipping costs for different products; total shipping cost is sum of shipping costs of the individual products) is not what my plugin is designed for (although it can be achieved to some extent). I'm currently really short of time, so I don't think I can develop such a plugin anywhere in the near future. Sorry.

Best regards,
Reinhold
  • Page: