VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Shipping by Rules for VirtueMart

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Shopper Groups Rules 15 Jun 2015 09:22 #1

• ex3mist
  • ex3mist's Avatar Topic Author
Hello,

First to describe what I'd like to achieve:

I need 2 shipping methods that differ only in the minimum amount for free delivery - one for the Default and Anonymous shopper groups, and one for a new shopper group that I've created - Companies. All the other rules I'm using are the same, exeption makes only the free shipping.

I've made one shipping method "Shipping" for the Default and Anonymous shopper groups, and another for the Companies - "Shipping Companies". In the both methods I set to apply ONLY for those groups - "Shipping" is set to apply only for the Default and Anonymous groups, "Shipping Companies" to apply only for Companies group. (Sorry if I'm too detailed in explanation but to make sure I'm not missing something.)

The result is the following - when I checkout as anonymous, or as a user from the Defauls group, only one method is shown - "Shipping" (as it should be), but when I checkout as a user from Companies group - both methods are shown. Although the method "Shipping" is set to apply only for the Default and Anonymous groups. And this is a major problem because the minimus price for free shiping for the default users is half the minimus price for companies!

Two questions about this problem:
  1. First, of course is what am I missing? I guess there is something small I'm missing in the settings.
  2. And second, is there an option to set rules based on shopper groups in one shipping method? I couldn't find such thing in the documentation, but in my case I think it would be the problem solving thing.
Hope I made myself clear I explained everything as simple as possible. Thank you in advance!

Best regards

Shopper Groups Rules 18 Jun 2015 23:36 #2

Dear Ex3mist,
Unfortunately, there is currently no variable for the shopper group of the user available in the plugin, so it is currently not possible to combine shopper-group-dependent rules into one shipping method. I'll put it on my TODO list for future versions.

Second, regarding your problem with users from the Companies group being offered both rules: I can't reproduce it with current VM 3. Here on my test systems, a user that is ONLY assigned to a test shopper group will not be shown a shipping method that is assigned to all shopper groups except the test group. He will only be offered those shipping methods that are explicitly assigned to the test shopper group...

Best regards,
Reinhold

Shopper Groups Rules 19 Jun 2015 08:00 #3

• ex3mist
Hello Reinhold,
And thanks for the replay!
Unfortunatelly I couldn't manage to find what is wrong and for now I just "fixed" the issue by hiding unneccessery options and editing the messages that are displaied. But it's now how it should be of course.
I'll be happy if I get notified somehow whenever this option for defining rules based on shopper groups is available for your extension. Thanks!

Best regards

Shopper Groups Rules 20 Jun 2015 12:46 #4

• ex3mist
Hello,
I've found that there might be some bug with the settings of the newly created shopper groups. I've posted the issue to the VM forum too, and here is where I explain the result: forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=130382.msg449427#msg449427
(Just in case anyone is interested.)
  • Page: