VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Shipping by Rules for VirtueMart

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

compatibility with artio vm invoice 27 Dec 2015 20:13 #1

• pharm.ge
  • pharm.ge's Avatar Topic Author
Hello,
Im trying to make the plugin work with artio's vm invoice component (www.artio.net/e-shop/virtuemart-tools/vm-invoice), with no luck.
While creating a new order within the component, it doesn't calculate the shipping costs and gives javascript error.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,
Gus.

compatibility with artio vm invoice 30 Dec 2015 15:56 #2

Dear Gus,
Unfortunately, I do not have access to a recent copy of VMInvoice, so I can neither test/reproduce nor fix any issue.
I have asked ARTIO for help and/or a copy of VMInvoice for testing purposes.
Best regards,
Reinhold

compatibility with artio vm invoice 09 Jan 2016 16:21 #3

Dear Gus,
ARTIO has meanwhile provided me with a copy of their latest VMInvoice3 version 3.0.8. I did some tests with the following results:

1. The shipping cost is properly obtained from the Shipping by Rules plugin.
2. The displayed name of the shipping method contains only the method name, but not the rule name. Reason is that VMInvoice does not properly call the plgVmConfirmedOrder trigger of the shipment plugins. This also means that VM's shipment info database table does not contain e.g. the number of articles, the weight, the product, etc. (which is displayed in VM's order view at the left bottom).
3. If you use ShippingWithTax=... in your rule (indicating gross shipping costs, i.e. shipping costs that already include the tax), then VMInvoice will wrongly treat it as the net shippign costs and add the tax on top of it. Again, the reason for this is that VMInvoice tries to emulate VirtueMart, but does not actually call the plugin's setCosts function (which in our plugins is extended to handle the case where the given shipping costs already include the taxes).

I'll contact ARTIO with these limitations of their code, maybe they are willing to fix VMInvoice to work correctly with our Shipping by Rules plugin, too.

Best regards,
Reinhold

PS: I also found a very old version of VMInvoice (2.0.25) lying on my disk. In that old version I can confirm that the shipping cost is not correctly obtained from the plugin, but is always 0. ARTIO seems to have fixed this meanwhile.

compatibility with artio vm invoice 10 Jan 2016 20:03 #4

• pharm.ge
  • pharm.ge's Avatar Topic Author
thanks a lot for taking the time to check at the code. The vminvoice version i'm using is 2.1.1 and with the latest advanced shipping rules plugin, gives a javascript error.
Guess we will have to wait for them to post an update or something.

compatibility with artio vm invoice 16 Jan 2016 11:17 #5

Dear Gus,
As I said, VMInvoice3 properly handles shipping costs, while an old version VMInvoice 2.025 that I had lying around did not handle it properly. I have no idea whether ARTIO will update the old VMInvoice 2.x versions at all...

Best regards,
Reinhold

[SOLVED] compatibility with artio vm invoice 16 Jan 2016 11:17 #6

Problem solved.
  • Page: