VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Shipping by Rules for VirtueMart

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

WC Vendors Per Vendor Shipping 05 Jun 2016 23:28 #1

• leemosupreemo
  • leemosupreemo's Avatar Topic Author
Using the Shipping by Rules plugin for Woocommerce, is it possible to define shipping costs on a per vendor basis?

i.e. Shipping fee is $5 per vendor. The customer buys multiple products from Vendor A and then multiple products from Vendor B. On checkout this will show a $10 shipping fee ($5 per vendor x 2 vendors).

So far I've only encountered per product shipping support, not per vendor. But if this is possible with your plugin that would be fantastic. Thank you!

WC Vendors Per Vendor Shipping 07 Jun 2016 20:46 #2

Dear LeemoSupreemo,
Support for shipping costs per vendor is only limited in our plugin. However, if your shipping cost structure is really as simple as "5$ for each vendor in the cart", then it can be easily achieved:
Shipping=5*length(Vendors)

Best regards,
Reinhold

PS: This requires the paid version of the plugin, as the free plugin does not contain the code to evaluate any mathematical expressions...

WC Vendors Per Vendor Shipping 27 Aug 2017 11:52 #3

• btkfr
Hi Reinhold

I just bought the plugin, exactly for this specific case. Unfortunately, the following error message appeared:

Evaluation yields unknown value while evaluating rule part 'Vendors'.

My setup:
WordPress Version 4.8.1
WooCommerce Version 3.1.2
WooCommerce Advanced Shipping By Rules Version 2.0
WooCommerce Product Vendors Version 2.0.40

Thanks for your help!

Best, Philipp
Attachments:

WC Vendors Per Vendor Shipping 31 Aug 2017 14:33 #4

• btkfr
Hello Reinhold,

Since we're launching next week, my issue is somewhat pressing.

We’re charging a fixed fee per vendor (40) and a fixed fee for every article (20) in the cart.

Here’s what I came up with:
Shipping=40*length(Vendors)+20*Articles

As I explained above, the following error message keeps appearing:
Evaluation yields unknown value while evaluating rule part 'Vendors

What do you think?

Best,
Philipp

WC Vendors Per Vendor Shipping 02 Sep 2017 01:47 #5

Dear Philipp,
Unfortunately, WooCommerce does not have a proper developer program, so I don't always have access to the latest version of WC Product Vendors. The latest version that I was able to test was WC Product Vendors 1.2.3 (just tested a minute ago, and the shipping was properly including the length of the vendors list). Apparently WooThemes must have changed something in the plugin in an incompatible way, so our plugin broke. As I said, I don't have a copy of the latest version, so I can't debug or fix the problem...

Shall I refund your order? Alternatively, if you can provide me with a copy of WooCommerce Product Vendors, I can check whether I can quickly spot a fix...

Best regards,
Reinhold

WC Vendors Per Vendor Shipping 02 Sep 2017 07:49 #6

• btkfr
Thank you for your help Reinhold.
Please find attached the latest version of WC Product Vendors (2.0.40).

Best,
Philipp

WC Vendors Per Vendor Shipping 02 Sep 2017 07:56 #7

• btkfr
The attachment did not work properly, try this:
www.dropbox.com/s/5wurmnrv4r78im4/woocom...uct-vendors.zip?dl=0

WC Vendors Per Vendor Shipping 02 Sep 2017 15:07 #8

Dear Philipp,
Thank you for providing a copy of the plugin. WooThemes indeed changed the API of their plugin, so I had to update our plugin to be compatible with the product vendors plugin >=2.0, too.

Please update our plugin to the latest version 2.0.2, which should contain the fix and properly make the Vendors variable available.

Best regards,
Reinhold

PS: You might need to manually check for an update in the WordPress plugin page, as the automatic version check for updates runs only twice a day.

WC Vendors Per Vendor Shipping 02 Sep 2017 18:09 #9

• btkfr
Works like a charm! Thank you so much Reinhold. Great support, you saved my a**! Herzlichen Dank :)
Best,
Philipp

[SOLVED] WC Vendors Per Vendor Shipping 02 Sep 2017 18:16 #10

Problem solved.
  • Page: