VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Shipping by Rules for VirtueMart

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

UK Post Codes partial entry 22 Jun 2017 12:17 #1

• silverfox47
  • silverfox47's Avatar Topic Author
I am using a simple rule to detect if a user wants a product shipped to Belfast as follows:

Name="Royal Mail Shipping to Northern Ireland"; UK_Area=="BT"; Shipping=18.00

We have had a user register and only enter a partial post code i.e. BT22 so the rule has been ignored, is there a way to force the rule to process if the user enters a partial postcode.

Thanks

UK Post Codes partial entry 25 Jun 2017 00:26 #2

Dear Silverfox47,
You are right, ccurrently, the UK_* variables are only filled if a full, (formally) valid UK postcode is entered.
We are thinking about modifying this approach to fill the UK_ variables already if the post code starts with 1-2 letters and 1-2 digits (i.e. the start of the post code looks like it is a UK_Outward). This would be a deviation from our past approach, where the UK_ variables are only filled if a complete UK postcode was detected. We need to evaluate whether there will be any detrimental effects to other installations that depend on UK_ variables being only filled for valid UK postcodes... At first glance, I can't image that such a change would cause problems, but I'd like to think it through a little more

Changing the code would not be the big issue (we already have a prototype), but possible side-effect on existing installations are the real issue.

Anyway, if we decide to implement this, the next version will fill the UK_ variables if the first post code starts with one or two letters followed by one or two digits, even if the post code is not a complete UK post code. We'll add this to the changelog of a new release.

Best regards,
Reinhold

UK Post Codes partial entry 29 Jun 2017 12:54 #3

• silverfox47
  • silverfox47's Avatar Topic Author
Hi Reinhold,

Thanks for the response, it is rare that people only put a partial post code but it is nice if the calculation is done correctly.

I await the change in the future.

Regards

Alan
  • Page: