VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Shipping by Rules for VirtueMart

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

apply highest shipping rate 04 Oct 2018 09:22 #1

• pqf
  • pqf's Avatar Topic Author
Hey everybody

We got several shipping costs, based on the product height. Now if a customer adds several products to the cart, only the rule of the first added product is being applied.

What we need is a rule, that always applies the highest shipping cost (once). So if I add a product with shipping cost 20.-- and add another product afterwards with shipping costs 30.--, 30.-- should be displayed as total of shipping costs.

I didn't find anything in the forum yet (maybe I missed the right search terms), can you please give me a hint, how we could achieve this?

thanks a lot.

Q.

apply highest shipping rate 06 Oct 2018 12:54 #2

• pqf
anyone?

apply highest shipping rate 11 Oct 2018 15:54 #3

If the shipping cost depends only on the height of the largest product no matter how many other products are included in the order, then it is quite simple to implement such a shipping cost structure. Instead of using the variable height in the rules, one would simply use the variable MaxHeight and let shipping cost depend on MaxHeight.

If the shipping costs of the largest product depend on other variables than the height of the product, then I am not aware of a simple straightforward solution. Of course, one could always use custom variables to store the individual shipping cost of each product and then manually apply the max functions to those. However this can be quite cumbersome with lots of products.

Best regards,
Reinhold Kainhofer

apply highest shipping rate 18 Oct 2018 09:33 #4

• pqf
Hey Reinhold

Thanks a lot for your answer and the hint with the MaxHeight variable (I wasn't aware it exists).

I'll have a try then and let you know.

kind regards

Q.
  • Page: