Virtuemart 2 plugin to automatically subscribe buyers to certain AcyMailing Lists, and to allow subscription to notifications on the product page.
With this VirtueMart 2 plugin, all buyers of a product can be automatically added to an AcyMailing list upon purchase. Additionally (or alternatively), a "Subscribe" and "Unsubscribe" button can be shown on the product page to allow manual subscription and unsubscription of the product-specific mailinglist.
Typical use cases are:
- Automatically subscribe buyers to newsletter about updates to the products they bought
- Sell subscription to newsletters (by disallowing manual subscription, so only buyers can ever be subscribed)
- Let users unsubscribe from product-spedific newsletters
For each product, you can select:
- The AcyMailing list for the product (multiple lists are possible), multiple products can also have the same list attached
- Whether buyers will automatically subscribed upon purchase
- Whether the "Subscribe"/"Unsubscribe" buttons are shown for registered or anonymous users, or not at all.
This plugin also needs to AcyMailing component installed (which can be downloaded for free).
Configuration & How the plugin works
The assignment of AcyMailing list to selected products is done via custom fields.
First, set up a Custom Field ("Products" -> "Custom Fields"):
- Create a new field (the green + button in the top right corner)
- Select "Plug-ins" as Custom Field Type
- Optionally use "ontop" as layout position (so the subscribe button appears near the "Add to Cart" button)
- Select "VM Subscribe Buyers to AcyMailing" as the plugin
Now you can add this custom field to any product you like:
- Open the product in the VirtueMart backend, go to the "Custom Fields" tab and add the field you just created. You can now select the newsletter for the product, whether buyers are automatically subscribed and to whome the subscription buttons are displayed.
This plugin is licenced unter the GNU GPLv3. It is also free to download, and you automatically obtain all the rights and duties that the GPL gives you, without any payment. If you find the plugin useful, it would still be nice if you could donate a certain amount.
2013-04-05: Version 1.1 (Renamed to follow JED rules)
2013-02-27: Version 1.0 (First release)