VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Ordernumbers for Magento

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Shippment Id Changed Randomly 17 May 2016 11:53 #1

• tech
  • tech's Avatar Topic Author
Hi,
I have added the plugins in my magento 1.9.1.1 based store.In the settings I have set format for the order no and invoice no ZT78787 and counter increment is 7.After Placing an order orders are showing ZZ00078795,ZZ00078796,ZZ00078795 in this way.It is not incremented by 7 that I set in configurations.

Also Shipment id has totally changed and it is showing this series now ZZ00078788, ZZ00078789 Am I doing anything wrong in settings? Can you please check the settings what is happening?

Thanks,

Shippment Id Changed Randomly 18 May 2016 09:34 #2

• tech
Any one have a solution for me?

Attachments:

Shippment Id Changed Randomly 21 May 2016 00:04 #3

Dear Tech,
From looking at your configuration, I think that you misunderstood the number format field. The number format field is not a prefix where the number is appended, but rather gives the FULL order format, where # is replaced by the counter. Your settings basically say that each order should get the order number "ZT78799". Since it's not possible for two orders to have the same number, a running counter is added to make the number unique, but that is not done by our plugin.

I suppose you rather would a format "ZT78799#". Here, # indicates the counter that will be incremented as configured.

Best regards,
Reinhold

Shippment Id Changed Randomly 21 May 2016 07:23 #4

• tech
Hi,
Thanks for your reply.My question is that Order Id and Invoice Id changed but in case of Shippment id it is not working perfectly.Why it is not working I cannot understand.What exactly needs to add in the position of order Id ? Actually I want to start order Id starts from ZT78787 and after that it will incremented by 8 and next order id will be ZT78795 but in my case Shippment Id is not changing in this way it is showing different series. Why it is happening? Also increment by 8 where to enter that?

I need your help.Please help me in this concern.

Thanks.

Shippment Id Changed Randomly 01 Jun 2016 08:28 #5

Dear Tech,
Sorry for the late answer.
1. Do I understand you correctly that you want one counter for order and shipment IDs? The plugin is currently not designed for different types of numbers to share a counter.

2. From your description, all your formats should be "ZT#", where # will be replaced with actual counter value by the plugin. To start from 78787 with an increment of 8 (this increment can be set independently for each counter type in the "Counter increment" field, which is the last in each section), set the counter named "T#" for the corresponding number type to 78779 (the value of the previous order. The plugin will add 8 to this value and use it for the next order.)

3. To get one counter that is shared among all number types, you'll have to modify the extension. See e.g. open-tools.net/forum/ordernumbers-for-ma...edit-notes.html#7331

Does this solve your issues, or am I misunderstanding them?

Best regards,
Reinhold

Shippment Id Changed Randomly 01 Jun 2016 14:53 #6

• tech
Hi,
My requirement is MY order id,Invoice id and shipment id will start from ZT78787 and after one order it will be incremented by 7 or 8.In your plugins when I set start order id to ZT78787 then it will automatically changed.First order id is showing as ZT78787 which is okay but after that order id is showing as ZZ00078795, ZZ00078796 in this way.

My question is 1) why the series is changed from ZT to ZZ? How to make it fixed with ZT78787 ZT78795 in this way?
2) Why it is not incremented by 7 or 8?
3)Shippment Id totally changed to ZZ00078788 I want ZT series only.

How to achieve that?
Thanks,
Dwaipayan

Shippment Id Changed Randomly 09 Jun 2016 11:33 #7

Dear Dwaipayan,
The behaviour you describe is really strange, and I don't have any idea where it comes from.

The only situation I can imagine is that you have selected different settings on a higher scope that takes precedence over your currently displayed scope. In particular, the scope (global, website, store, etc.) can be selected in the upper left corner (see e.g. the Images in our documentation: open-tools.net/documentation/advanced-or...o.html#configuration ). Finer-grained scopes (e.g. website or store) take precedence over the more general scopes. So, please also check the settings of all stores and Websites. It might be that you have changed the shipment format for one of these lower scopes to ZZ# and a different increment.

Best regards,
Reinhold
  • Page: