VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Name The Price for VirtueMart

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Problem with comma and min/max amount 13 Oct 2015 00:07 #1

• Picannick
  • Picannick's Avatar Topic Author
Hi!
First thank you for this easy-to-use-and does-what-it-should-do-plugin!

There is only one question left: How could i disallow cents? Or why this plugin doesn't use the vm currency-settings?
I set min to 40 and max to 2000 €
If you are typing 50,50 € (this is the correct one for our country for example we are typing 5.800,99 €) the errormessage is:

"The value 50 you entered is larger than the largest allowed value, using the maximum value 2000 instead."

Is there a possibility fix it?
Thanks in advanced!
Picannick

Problem with comma and min/max amount 15 Oct 2015 01:59 #2

Dear Picannick,
There is currently no way to disallow cents, sorry.
Also, taking the amount from the input box and sending it to the virtuemart server is done by Javascript in the customer's web browser, so the usual PHP settings (e.g. virtuemart settings) are not automatically obeyed.

Unfortunately, I am terribly short on time in the foreseeable future, so I'm afraid I won't find the time to fix any of these issues.

Notice, however, that the plugin is released under an open source license and that the source code is publicly available for improvements:
github.com/open-tools/vm_nametheprice
You are cordially invited to work on the PHP and JS code yourself and submit a patch (or pull request on github). I'll gladly consider any patches I get, I just don't have the time to do the development myself.

Best regards,
Reinhold
  • Page: