VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Shipping by Rules for VirtueMart

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Selected Category is free shipping 25 Aug 2015 14:32 #1

• carlota
  • carlota's Avatar Topic Author
Hi,

Thanks for the support last time, I have another question.

I used these rules;
articles==1; Shipping=2
articles==2; 4
articles==3; 6

I added a new category for free shipping, it can also work together, however if the buyer bought an item from the category with $2 shipping and bought another product from the category(249) free shipping. the total shipping cost is $4. The total shipping must be $2 only because 1 item is free shipping.

How to exclude the category 249 from all the rules I am using even the shoppers check out together?

Thank you for kind support.

Best Regards,
Carlota

Selected Category is free shipping 30 Aug 2015 15:39 #2

Dear Carlota,
If I understand you correctly, your shipping cost structure is as follows:
- All articles are 2$ shipping costs per article,
- except articles from category 249, which are free

For this to work, you need the advanced version of the plugin, because we need mathematical expressions to achieve the exception (i.e. to calculate the number of articles that get paid shipping).
I would then implement it with these rules:
Variable=shippingArticles; Value=Articles - evaluate_for_categories(Articles, 249)
Shipping=2*ShippingArticles

Best regards,
Reinhold

Selected Category is free shipping 31 Aug 2015 16:57 #3

• carlota
Hi Reinhold,

Thank you for your help.

The rules are working fine.
Variable=shippingArticles; Value=Articles - evaluate_for_categories(Articles, 249)

With this, may I know how to add a name free shipping beside the tittle, if buyers choose only with this categories 249?
It only shows standard shipping, no other info and may confused to shoppers.

gyazo.com/32120076b4ac70711aa9da8de5188539 - pls. see the image attached

Again Thank you.

Best Regards,

Carlota

Selected Category is free shipping 03 Sep 2015 16:58 #4

Dear Carlota,
You can prepend a rule that handles free shipping if only category 249 is ordered:
Name="Free Shipping"; contains_only(categories, 249); Shipping=0

This first rule (even though not neccessary for the calculation of the shipping costs) handles the case when only category 249 is in the cart, otherwise the old logic is applied.

Best regards,
Reinhold

[SOLVED] Selected Category is free shipping 11 Dec 2015 03:07 #5

• carlota
Problem solved.
  • Page: