VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Shipping by Rules for VirtueMart

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Individual shipping cost per product or category 23 Oct 2015 19:26 #1

• vabril
  • vabril's Avatar Topic Author
Hello;
I would love to find out how can I charge shipping cost either per item, or per category?
I have my website with the following settings works only when customers buy individually 1 product:
Weight==0; Shipping=0
Weight==3; Shipping=19
Weight==5; Shipping=19
Weight==9; Shipping=19
Weight==15; Shipping=19
Weight==10; Shipping=12
Weight==11; Shipping=11
Weight==26; Shipping=26
Name=$5 for additional product ; Shipping=14*Products + 5*Articles

If a customer orders one product that weights 3 and one that heights nothing it will still apply 19 two times

Please help.
PS. I have installed version plg_opentools_vm_rules_shipping_v5.2.zip

Individual shipping cost per product or category 25 Oct 2015 20:49 #2

Dear Vabril,
First, you need to know that the plugin does not (and was never designed to) calculate shipping costs per-product. This is also clearly stated on the plugins product page: open-tools.net/virtuemart/advanced-shipping-by-rules.html (section "Limitations and common misconceptions"). There are some workarounds to make per-product shipping costs possible, but there are many shipping cost structures that are NOT possible with our plugin.

Second, regarding your rules in particular: What shipping cost structure are you trying to implement? Can you please describe it in words in detail?
Do you mean: A product that weights 3kg will cost 19€ to ship, a product that weights 10kg will cost 12€ to ship, and if you buy both of them the shipping cost will be 19+12=31€. I'm afraid this scenario is not possible to describe with our plugin.

The limited scanarios that are possible with the plugin are:
- Same amount for each product (irrespective of its weight)
- x€ for the first unit of a product, y€ for each additional copy (that's more or less your last rule, except that one needs to use "Articles-Products" instead of "Articles" alone)
- If you have a limited number of categories, you can have x€ for each product of category A, and y€ for each product of Category B, etc. This, however, requires you to write an explicit rule for each category. So, whenever you add a new category, you need to adjust the rules.
- You can have shipping cost per article (SKU), if you have a very limited number of different products. Like in the categories case, you will need to write one explicit line for each SKU. For examples, see open-tools.net/forum/shipping-by-rules-p...f-shipping-cost.html or open-tools.net/forum/shipping-by-rules-p...l-not-duplicate.html

Does your scenario fit into any of these? If not, I'm afraid it will be very hard to implement in the plugin (if possible at all).
Sorry that I don't have better news for you.

Best regards,
Reinhold

PS: In the example you gave, your customer should be charged 19€ with your rules, because the weight of the order is 3kg (notice that the Weight variable is the total weight of the whole order, not the weight of individual products!)

[SOLVED] Individual shipping cost per product or category 27 Oct 2015 05:13 #3

• vabril
  • vabril's Avatar Topic Author
Problem solved.
  • Page: